Collaborative Research Projects
- Vice-Coordinator and 2 projects with DFG Collaborative Research Center/Transregio 287 „BULK-REACTION“ with Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Prof. Viktor Scherer ; The projects take place in cooperation with the Computer Graphics Group at OVGU and with ICAMS, RUB
- AiF-VDMA-Project "Transport of gas-liquid mixtures with centrifugal pumps", together with the Research Lab on Hydraulic Turbomachines at Ruhr-Universität Bochum and with the research group on Thermofluids and Interfaces of Tech. Univ. Darmstadt
- Collaborative project "Retero" financed by Federal Ministry of Research (BMBF)
- 1 project within the DFG Priority programm 1881 "Turbulent superstructures"
- 1 project within the DFG Priority programm 1980 "Nanoparticle synthesis in spray flames"
- several projects within the BMBF-Research Campus "Stimulate"
- 2 projects within the BMBF-Programm "Growth Core Fluss-Strom Plus"
- 1 project within the DFG (deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) Research Training Group 1554 "Micro-Macro-Interactions in structured Media and Particle Systems"
- 2 projects within the DFG Collaborative Research Center/ Transregio 63 "Integral Chemical Processes in Liquid Multiphase Systems" (InPROMPT), in cooperation with the research group Process Systems Engineering (PSE) at the MPI Magdeburg and with the Chair of Chemical & Process Engineering at the T.U. Berlin
- 2 projects within the DFG Priority programm 1679 "Dynamic Simulation of Cross-Linked Processes Involving Solids", in cooperation with the research group for "Physical and Chemical Foundations of Process Engineering (PCF)" at the MPI Magdeburg and with the Insitute of Mechanical Process Engineering
- Member of the Excellence Program of Saxony-Anhalt "Dynamic Systems" , in cooperation with the research group for "Physical and Chemical Foundations of Process Engineering (PCF)" at the MPI Magdeburg
- 3 projects within the International Max Planck Research School for Advanced Methods in Process and Systems Engineering - IMPRS ProEng
completed collaborative research projects
- 1 project within DFG Priority Program 1740 "Reactive Bubbly Flows - Experimental characterization of gas-liquid transport processes in a reacting bubble column using a neutralization reaction"
- 1 project of the Investitionsbank Saxony-Anhalt "Guidelines for lightweight automotive components based on high-strength aluminum", together with Prof. U. Gabbert and Prof. E. Ambos (supported by Land Saxony-Anhalt and EFRE-funding): development of a numerical model to describe the mould filling process and consequences for pore formation.
- DFG Research Group 1447 "Physicochemical-based models for the prediction of safety-relevant ignition processes"
- DFG Priority Program Multi-Scale Modeling in Fluid Mechanics and Meteorology" , in cooperation with the group for Scientific Computing of the Free University Berlin
- Member in the Excellence Program of Saxony-Anhalt "Automotive", in cooperation with the Institut für Mobile Systems
- DFG Collaborative Research Centre 606 "Unsteady State Combustion: Transport Phenomena, Chemical Reactions, Technical Systems", as a cooperation partner in sub-project B8 in collaboration with the Institute of Chemical Technology (Prof. Bockhorn)
- AiF-FLT-Project "Numerical Simulation and Validation of Dynamic Loading in Industrial Fans", in cooperation with the Institute of Applied Mechanics at the T.U. Clausthal
- Project MoBeStAn,
- COST Action P20 supported by the European Union: LES-AID "Large-eddy simulation: Advanced Industrial Design"
- DFG Priority Program 1147 " Measurement Procedures using Imaging Methods for Flow Analysis", in cooperation with the Chair for Technical Computer Science
- DFG Priority Program 1141 "Analysis, Modeling, and Calculation of Mixing Processes with and without Chemical Reaction", together with IWR, Heidelberg University
- DFG Research Group 486 "Combustion Noise"
- Collaboration with the French Région Centre, "Combustion Modification Using Excited Species " in cooperation with the Laboratoire d'Aérothermique/ICARE, Université d'Orléans
- Process Engineering and Technology Network of Competence - Pro3'
- European Research Community on Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, ERCOFTAC
- Combustion Institute, German Section
- German Federation of Industrial Research Associations
- VDMA - Pumps + Systems Association