M.Sc. Sebastian Engel
- since 2015 PhD student and research assistant at the Laboratory of Fluid Dynamics and Technical Flows of the OvGU Magdeburg
- 2011-2015 Master studies at the OvGU Magdeburg, Mechanical Engineering M.Sc., Topic of Thesis: "Optimizing the hydraulic efficiency of a Tesla Pump"
- 2012-2013 Studies abroad in Niigata,Japan at University of Niigata, grantee of JASSO scholarship
- 2008-2011 Bachelor studies at the OvGU Magdeburg, Mechanical Engineering
- 1988 born in Stendal, Germany
- Optimization and Simulation of complex flows and fluid flow machines
- Hemodynamic CFD simulations to estimate blood damage (hemolysis)
Starting 2003 you can find a full reference list of the lab can be found under Research
- Yu, H., Engel, S., Janiga, G. and Thévenin, D. (2017), A Review of Hemolysis Prediction Models for Computational Fluid Dynamics. Artificial Organs, 41: 603–621. doi:10.1111/aor.12871
- Engel, S., Janiga, G. and Thévenin, D. (2017), An Extensive Comparison of Power-Law-based Hemolysis Models for the Bloop Pump of the FDA's Critical Path Challenge. In: 44th Annual Congress of the European Society for Artificial Organs, Vienna, Austria. Presentation.
- Engel, S., Müller, M., Berg, P., Knigge, S., Krolitzki, B., Rusiecki, T., Voß, S., Thévenin, D. and Glasmacher, B. (2017), A Modified Chandler-Loop as a Benchmark for Hemodynamic Simulation Studies. In: 44th Annual Congress of the European Society for Artificial Organs, Vienna, Austria. Presentation.
- Berg, P., Engel, S., Janiga, G. and Beuing, O. (2017), Virtual Stenting of Multiple Intracranial Aneurysms Considering Thrombus Modeling, In: 39th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Jeju, Korea. Poster.
- Engel, S., Janiga, G. and Thévenin, D. (2016), Energy dissipation rate as alternative hemolysis metric in stress-based models. In: XLIII Annual Congress of the European Society for Artificial Organs, Warsaw, Poland. Presentation.
- Engel, S., Janiga, G. and Thévenin, D. (2016), Numerical Optimization of Hemolytic Performance of a Shear-force Pump using Computational Fluid Dynamics. In: 24th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Rotary Blood Pumps, ISRPB 2016, Mito, Japan. Poster.